top shadow
BODY



































Trade Readers:
I am a STORE BUYER or OWNER
I am a Manufacturer’s Rep
I am a Distributor
I am a Textile Supplier
I am a Banker or Factor
I am an OEM Producer
I want to receive more info from this company about its products
I want to receive a catalog from this company
I want to learn more about carrying this brand in my store; have them contact me
I would like to become a manufacturer’s representative for this company; have them contact me
I want to comment on this brand
I am a store owner/buyer who would recommend this brand to other stores

Consumer Readers:
I am a CONSUMER
I am a consumer who wants to purchase garments from this company; have someone contact me
I am a consumer who wants to know how/where to purchase this product

I am a consumer who would like a consumer catalog, if you provide one
I am a consumer who would recommend this brand












current news

Walmart, Li & Fung Form Alliance


(Filed Under Fashion News). Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Walmart) reported that its new strategic alliance Li & Fung Ltd. will allow it to offer lower prices and higher-quality products. The company announced last Thursday that it had finalized a series of agreements with the Hong Kong-based global buying giant, through which Li & Fung will create a new company to manage the Walmart account. Walmart expects this will enable the new Li & Fung company to pull in goods valued at approximately $2 billion during its first year in operation.

“In sum, we are redefining how we source products that are imported into Walmart retail markets around the globe,” said Eduardo Castro-Wright, vice chairman of Walmart. “By realigning our resources, leveraging our scale, and restructuring our relationship with suppliers, we will enable our businesses around the world to offer even more competitive pricing on merchandise and to provide our customers a clear and compelling assortment of better quality merchandise at lower prices.”

The alliance with Li & Fung is part of Walmart’s global sourcing strategy for 2010, which includes an effort to reduce costs of goods, accelerate speed to market and improve the quality of product. Through the strategy, the company also plans to increase direct sourcing for its private label programs, which currently encompass over $100 million in annual purchasing.

According to a January 29th, 2010 article in The Wall Street Journal, Walmart’s private label program lags behind those of off-price competitors like Kohl’s and Target, many of whom buy 80 percent of private label purchases direct. According to the article, Walmart, on the other hand, only purchases 20 percent of its private label merchandise direct.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates more than 8,000 retail units under 53 banners in 15 countries worldwide. Its fiscal 2009 sales were $401 billion.


more Fashion News >>

Published 02-02-2010 by Amanda Torres Price



Comment on this article, brand or product

Disclaimer: The views expressed in comments published on bodymagazine.us are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of Bodymagazine or its staff.















NOTE: Your Email will not be displayed.

Related pictures

Follow BODY on:
twitter FaceBook RSS
Share this article on:
Digg Reddit Stumble

Contact Information: (718)676-4444
Copyright © 2017 Fashion Market Magazine Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
All photos Copyright © 2000-2018 Nick Monjo & Fashion Market Magazine Group. All rights reserved.
Please email any website related issues to bodymagazinefmmg@gmail.com
bottom shadow
*