(Filed Under wholesale Lingerie News). What jumps out from the new Oh La La Cheri “Tres Sexy” and “Boutique” collections, shown at CurveNV (February 11-13) and coming today to Curve in New York (Feb. 21-23), is the company’s compulsion to consistently create new looks and find different, fun ways of covering (though just barely) the female form.
“60% of the collections are new styles,” declared owner Nicolas Attard, adding that the remaining 40% are best-sellers from previous years. And it is the new designs that makes a stroll through the Oh La La Cheri consistently rewarding, year after year. This season, for example, there is style #4089: a single dramatic lace V down the front that covers everything. The back is a tiny V string and bow that covers almost nothing. Style 5669 is a chemise with two vertical straps of red (or black) lace (which are the only coverings for the nipples). The remainder of the garment, which starts below the breasts (instead of above) and is made up of flesh colored mesh interspersed with five horizontal bands of the same lace. Amusing and architectural.
Style 5007 is made of three V’s of lace: one creating an upward-facing triangle to cover the breasts; a downward triangle to cover the crotch; and, in back, a triangle going upward that does its best not to cover the buttocks at all.
Over and over there are insistent, unusual details, dramatic color combinations, humorous reveals.
The market seems to be taking notice. “Product is moving faster and faster and faster,” claimed Attard. “We are even selling out of certain styles.” He attributes part of the increase to his original designs. ”Reorders are more frequent and bigger. Guess why? More best sellers, more novelties. Our customer is getting more sales out of our line.”
But Attard believes there is also improvement in the general business climate. “The economy is picking up. We are having a wonderful start to 2012. We are getting customers back that were very quiet. Old customers are coming back and doing better.”
Another trend: “We are doing fantastically with online retailers.”
To cope with the surge in business, Attard, who added several people to his team at the end of last year, has added three more. Jessica Walters has been hired as assistant designer; Christopher Barnes as account executive; and Eric Valvik as warehouse associate.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in comments published on bodymagazine.us are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of Bodymagazine or its staff.
NOTE: Your Email will not be displayed.