(Filed Under wholesale Lingerie News). Journelle held a party for its special customers last night at their 3 East 17th Street location in New York City. The lingerie store centered the evening around "7 Summer Essentials" -- items which the owner picked as the summer must-haves.
It was hard to imagine that the economy is suffering. The 2,000 square foot store was packed with customers and the cash register never stopped. I suppose nothing is as conducive to shopping as good food and alcohol, both of which were plentiful.
The store reported that it is seeing a trend towards sexier lingerie: " A lot of women come in looking for something to spice up their lingerie wardrobe," said Emily Scofield. Despite that, a great number of items still fell into the 'practical' category with T-shirt bras, seamless items and comfortable single-hue designs.
My personal hits of the evening were a Huit bra in dusty rose and a T-shirt bra with pretty black contrast details by Chantelle.
The seven items the store handpicked and marked as stuff customers "can't live without" are:
1) Colorful Thongs: Cosabella Low-Rise Ever Thong -$18 (Many colors)
2) Strapless Bra: Simone Perele Velia Strapless Bra - $99 (Praline, light nude)
3) Lacy Black Bra: Simone Perele Avant Premiere Bra -$74 (Black)
4) Cotton Bikini: Commando Cotton Bikini - $28 (Aqua, Nude, White, Black)
5) T-Shirt Bra: Natori Body Double - $60 (Nude)
6) Robe: Eberjey Lady Godiva Robe -$98 (Pebble- a grey)
7) Chemise: Else Signature Underwire Chemise $198 (Anthracite, a dark grey)
Disclaimer: The views expressed in comments published on bodymagazine.us are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of Bodymagazine or its staff.
NOTE: Your Email will not be displayed.